My short hypnobirthing for confident childbirth programme helps you to prepare, both mentally and emotionally, so that you can look forward to the birth and feel calm and relaxed.
Hypnobirthing for confident childbirth teaches you a range of highly effective techniques: self-hypnosis, positive visualisations and pain management techniques, all of which are to your needs, so that you can have the best possible experience when actually giving birth.
I’ve helped many mums have a marvellously calm, enjoyable and relaxed pregnancy and childbirth. The hypnobirthing for confident childbirth programme aims to give you the birth that YOU want, rather than what others believe it should be like.
You can start the confident childbirth hypnobirthing programme at virtually any stage of your pregnancy.
I’m based in Kingston, Surrey. If that’s too far away for you, please click here to find the contact details for one of the Confident Childbirth hypnobirthing practitioners I’ve trained.
On this page I will cover:
Why choose confident childbirth hypnobirthing?
In just a few hour-long sessions you will learn to let go of your fears, doubts, uncertainties and anxieties about labour and giving birth. You learn to remove any negative beliefs, feelings or past experiences that are causing your worries and anxieties and discover how to look forward to the accomplishment that is giving birth. Most mothers have four sessions; some, with extra issues to work on, come for six.
Hypnobirthing for confident childbirth can be used for birth at home, in hospital or at a birthing centre and, once you’ve learned the skills, they can be used for any future births too.
What you will learn:
- Self-hypnosis: how to go into a state of calm relaxation
- Personal visualisations to aid your labour and delivery
- Relaxation and a range of pain control techniques
- How to remain positive, in control and in communication
By the end of your sessions, you may be surprised just how much your mindset has shifted, so that you can look forward to childbirth in a much more relaxed way than before. You’ll have taken your mind and body through so many positive mental rehearsals for the birth that your body can be “primed” to go through its natural process very smoothly.
The benefits of confident childbirth hypnobirthing?
Prior to the birth
- Your pregnancy becomes a more pleasant and exhilarating process as you think more positively about labour and the birth
- You learn how to relax, look after yourself and deal calmly with situations like hospital appointments and the anxiety they sometimes cause
- By learning and using self-hypnosis, it helps you sleep better and get back to sleep if your nights are disturbed
During Labour and Delivery
- Being relaxed, positive and calm together with the range of techniques you will learn to use; you become much less likely to need chemical painkillers
- Research shows that labour is likely to be up to 50% shorter
- Research also shows that there’s a much reduced likelihood of forceps, ventouse, or Caesarean section
- You’ll have learned a proven method for communicating with medical staff which means you’ll feel involved in any decisions that are made as labour progresses
- You’ll have a range of tools and visualisations to use so that you can stay positive and comfortable
After Your Baby is Born
- Your baby is likely to have a higher Apgar score (measurement of well-being immediately post-delivery)
- Reduced use of pain medication means reduction of undesirable side effects for mother and baby
- You’re likely to need a shorter hospital stay and have a quicker postnatal recovery
- Reduced incidence of post-natal depression
- Many mothers report that their babies are calmer and feed and sleep better due to their gentle passage into the world
- Self-hypnosis and relaxation aid breast-feeding
Your new tools can help you cope more easily with family life and get more easily back to sleep during any disturbed nights.